The Lensic is now accepting applications for the position of Director of Marketing.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for planning and implementing The Lensic’s strategic marketing efforts and increasing earned revenue through ticket sales, subscriptions, and other audience engagement events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with Executive Director to set annual and long-range marketing strategy, goals, and plans.
- Implement focused and diverse marketing plan to meet or exceed earned revenue goals.
- Develop promotions calendar and work with Lensic Communications and Development teams to ensure event information is being distributed to all appropriate channels and supports goals
- Work with Executive Director and Managing Director to create and manage department budget.
- Work with Communications Director to strategize, develop, and then implement the use of traditional and innovative communication techniques, including e-mail, social media, newsletters, website, brochures, rack cards, ads, programs, signage, posters, etc.
- Work closely with Box Office Manager and Tessitura System Manager to ensure successful execution of marketing initiatives and meet ticket sales goals for all Lensic Presents events.
- Work with Executive Director to build and sustain strategic marketing partnerships, sponsorships, and cross-promotions with community organizations and businesses.
- Work with Director of Tessitura Systems to manage patron data to maximize audience participation and affinity, and support Lensic fundraising goals.
- Represent the Lensic Performing Arts Center as an advocate and spokesperson at local events relevant to the organization's marketing and audience development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned. Lensic staff works collaboratively on several special projects.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Performing arts experience
- Tessitura or other CRM or database systems experience preferred
- Basic HTML experience a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to: Joel Aalberts, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: April 7